Our family started using essential oils in January before I gave birth to Addy.
I knew my history with pregnancy and wanted to find more natural ways when it came to our lifestyle so essential oils made the most sense.
Initially, hubby was skeptical but he is now on board (even more so than me!)
After sharing our home remedy for skin support, I wanted to share some of my favorite oils and their uses.
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a sweet, floral aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Lavender’s aroma is great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime; add to bath or diffuse to create a calming and comforting environment. Lavender essential oil may complement your favorite shampoos, lotions and skin care products. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it.
- Mix a few drops of lavender essential oil and water to make a simple air freshener or linen spray.
- Make lavender scented play-doh by adding a few drops of lavender essential oil to your homemade play-doh recipe.
- Leave your laundry smelling good by adding a few drops of lavender essential oil to your dryer balls. Don’t have dryer balls? Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a wet wash cloth and add it in the dryer with your wet clothes. It has the same effect!
- Add a drop or two of lavender essential oil into your iron when ironing your clothes.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to your bath.
- Make lavender bath salts.
- Add a couple drops of lavender essential oil and then place in the bag (or cannister?) of your vacuum.
- Make homemade lotion bars and add lavender; or add a few drops of lavender to your favorite unscented lotion.
- Make homemade body wash.
- Diffuse via a diffuser or in a diffuser necklace.
- Make your own laundry detergent, adding lavender essential oil for scent.
- Make your own shampoo with the scent of lavender by adding a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add a couple of drops of lavender to a mini pillow or other hanging object in your closet or drawers to leave clothes smelling good.
- Use while making your own homemade deodorant.
- Add 5-6 drops of lavender to 1 cup baking soda for your own carpet cleaner!
- Make homemade wipe solution and add a couple drops of lavender to leave their bum smelling yum!
- Place a few drops of lavender on your pillow before bedtime.
- Make your own heating pad and add a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Lavender is great for the skin.
Find more lavender essential oil uses on our essential oil Pinterest board:
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.