* The 2017 Corolla 50th Anniversary Edition has my most loved feature of XM Radio. (How I survive without it is beyond me!)
* The rear camera when reversing appeared different. I am not sure if it actually was, but it was very clear.
* The 2017 Corolla 50th Anniversary Edition gets 28 miles per gallon in the city and 35 miles per gallon on the freeway.
* The 2017 Corolla 50th Anniversary Edition has the new Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) — Pre-Collision System17 with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Automatic High Beams (AHB), Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC). (These new safety features are in the new model Toyotas including the Highlander we took camping!)
Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist – if you attempt to switch lanes without signaling, an annoying beeping sound alerts and the steering wheel gets tense. Annoying if you are driving and know what you are doing, but definitely a great safety feature if you start falling asleep at the wheel. I can definitely see it being a very helpful safety feature!
Dynamic Radar Cruis Control – Using forward-facing radar technology, the cruise control will automatically adjust the vehicle’s speed to help maintain a preset following distance between your vehicle and the vehicle directly in front of you! (I tested this feature on the freeway after brunch and was highly impressed with how well this worked! Great for road trips and long travels!)
Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection – helps keep the road safe by detecting pedestrians in certain situations. It combines millimeter-wave radar with a camera capable of shape recognition to provide an audio warning and a display notification to alert you. If needed, automatic breaking and collision-avoidance support is provided to prevent a collision.
Automatic High Beams – The automatic high beam system uses a camera to help detect oncoming vehicles as far away as 2000 feet and switches the high beams on and off! (I so need this in my life! I despise driving and having to switch the high beams on and off every few yards!)
* The 2017 Corolla 50th Anniversary Edition has 8 airbags – includes driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, passenger seat-cushion airbag, and front and rear side curtain airbags.