Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/mngirlaz/public_html/experiencingparenthood.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/init.php on line 183
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/mngirlaz/public_html/experiencingparenthood.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/recommendations.php on line 247
It can get difficult to spend quality time one on one with your children when you have more than one kid; when you work; when life gets busy; blah, blah blah. We all get it.
As parents, it is our job to find time for that connection which is why Kadenn helped me come up with some fun mommy daughter date ideas! (Don’t worry, I will be doing sons and dads too!)
- Get manis and or pedis together.
- Go to breakfast, lunch or dinner together.
- Get your hair done!
- Go shopping.
- Some places have boutiques that have tea parties. Go have tea with her!
- Attend a show or play (We attended The Duttons together and had a blast!)
- Get tickets to her favorite singer or band and attend a concert.
- Go for a walk or to the gym together. (My mom and I used to do this and it was those times that we shared the most with each other.)
- Go to the ballet. (Kadenn is obsessed with the Nutcracker ballet!)
- Go to the movies.
- Go for coffee. Kadenn loves our local coffee shop and gets hot chocolate (or chocolate milk depending on the weather!)
- Head to the book store!
- Go to Zumba (or Yoga or any other work out) together. (Kadenn loves going to Zumba!)
- Head to an art class or pottery painting place.
- Get ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Walk the mall and window shop.
- If your daughter is into sports, go to a sporting event together.
- Head to a local beauty school and have your make-up done by one of the students.
No matter where you go or what you do, your daughter will be happy to have mom all to herself!
Please note: I tried to keep the ideas to out of the house activities. Having three kids makes it impossible to stay home and devote attention to just one child. Hence, ideas to get out of the house and away from the other kids. We’re looking for one on one time.
Tell me, what is your daughter’s idea of a great mommy-daughter date? Join the conversation on Facebook and let us know! (I’d love to add more ideas to the list!)