Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/mngirlaz/public_html/experiencingparenthood.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/init.php on line 183
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/mngirlaz/public_html/experiencingparenthood.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/recommendations.php on line 247
Paper bags can be pretty boring. Why not design the bag with a stylish fox to make it more memorable? Whether it’s a bag lunch, goody bag, or used to decorate a table, this cute little fox bag is sure to make your kid smile. This project is also a great way for your kid to practice drawing and cutting basic shapes like triangles!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links meaning that Experiencing Parenthood will receive compensation – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase using one of these links. You can read more in our disclosure policy.
This is a guest post from Education.com
What You Need:
Paper lunch bag
Construction paper (orange, black, white)
Pipe cleaners (We used orange and brown.)
Low-temp hot glue gun (Adults only!)
What You Do:
- Put whatever you want into the bag (lunch, toys, candy) and and fold the flap over. Staple it in place.
- Help your child cut a sheet of orange paper down to 5.5″ x 5″ to create the fox’s face. Ask her to identify the shape of the orange paper (a rectangle!).
- Have her fold the rectangle in half. On the opposite side of the fold, have her cut out half of an oval shape. When opened, the fox’s face will now have a nose.
- Ask her to glue the shape to the front of the bag, the flat edge matched with the top edge of the bag and the nose on the edge closer to the table.
- Have her fold a sheet of white paper in half and trace the bottom of a drinking glass on the center of the paper. Ask her what shape she just drew. Have her cut out the circles and set them aside.
- Ask her to fold a sheet of black paper in half and trace the cap of the glue stick. Ask her what shape she just drew. Cut out the small circles and have her glue one on each white circle to create eyes.
- Help her cut out a rectangle and glue it over the nose to create a mask for the fox. Glue the eyes in the center of the rectangle.
- Grab the white paper and ask her to draw and cut out a semicircle for the fox’s nose. Glue it in place.
- Have her cut out a square from the black paper that will fit into the white semicircle. Glue it in place to create the tip of the fox’s nose.
- Ask her to fold orange paper and cut out a triangle, then do the same with black paper, to create 4 triangles. Have her cut bottom half off of the black ones and glue them on the orange ones to create a two-color triangle. Glue them on the bag to create ears.
- Take over duties and add the final touch by gluing pipe cleaner on either side of the nose using a glue gun.