Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/mngirlaz/public_html/experiencingparenthood.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/init.php on line 183
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/mngirlaz/public_html/experiencingparenthood.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/recommendations.php on line 247
I am not a fan of giving kids candy for every stinkin’ holiday that there is. It drives me crazy.
We don’t do a lot of sweets – it’s something we have never had a lot of so when the kids come home with piles of candy, it gets Freecycled or given away because it doesn’t get eaten. The kids bug the first two days and then all is forgotten.
I prefer to give things or experiences.
Here is a couple years’ worth of post compiled into one with non-candy Easter basket ideas!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links meaning that Experiencing Parenthood will receive compensation – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase using one of these links. You can read more in our disclosure policy.
- Make some homemade granola bars that are egg shaped.
- Fill plastic eggs with dried fruit and nuts (trail mix!)
- Include mini carrot packs, just like the Easter Bunny eats!
- Sidewalk chalk
- Jump ropes
- A kite
- Water guns or other water toys
- Frisbees and yo-yos
- Roller skates (don’t forget the helmet and safety pads!)
- Books in their Easter basket (check out our kid book recommendations)
- Easter coloring pages, coloring books, puzzle books, stickers or activity books in general such as word finds.
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils, water colors.
- Play-Doh or Kinetic sand
- A board game for the entire family to play.
- Video games (they make educational video games so you can keep it to a learning and fun game!)
- A deck of cards or card games like Uno, Phase 10
- Craft kits for making their own jewelry, hair accessories, perler beads, etc.
- Children friendly cooking items
- A new toy they have been asking for.
- Stuffed animal
- Items for a new hobby/sport such as a baseball glove, batting glove, bat, roller skates, bikes, etc.
- Clothes (although if I do clothes, I try to limit it to one outfit. We all know just clothes is boring!)
- Stationary, pens and pencils
- Dress up clothes
- Nail polish for your older kiddos
- Gardening items; gloves, pots, seeds, watering can, etc.
- CDs (great for bedroom CD players or car rides!)
- A new swimsuit for upcoming summer
- Experiences – movie tickets, tickets to Disney, tickets to a show or a play, arcade tokens, etc.
- Gift cards to Barnes & Noble, LakeShore Learning or other places the kids like to purchase things (my kids love reading and LakeShore Learning has great sensory and educational play items!)
Purchase a personalized Easter basket from Personal Creations to make it special!
What do your kids get in their Easter basket? Do you do candy or do you give material items and experiences?
I love hearing how others celebrate the holidays! Be sure to leave me a comment here or on our Facebook page! And be sure to check out our other Easter posts!